Sunday, January 27, 2008

Obama

I've chatted with a few Danes about American politics. It's interesting because it's not controversial to them because they don't really care that much, so I can talk to complete strangers about it. I met a girl at a party last night who wanted to know what I thought about the election. In the Democratic field, I was talking about Edwards. The Danes I've talked to barely know about Edwards. Yeah, he's losing steam, but for them it seems as though it's always been a race between Obama and Hilary. And, all the ones I've talked to, support Obama. Not that their support really contributes to anything, but I'm curious why. Is it because he has an untarnished reputation abroad or because of the way the international or Danish press represents him?

I've just been exploring the city and today I'm going on a trip to Frediricksborg Castle. I've been forced to make lots of comparisons to Prague, so I am wondering if it is going to compare to the Prague Castle. . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On comparisons:
I know what you mean about comparing everything to Prague. I still compare everything to Japan.

And I just compared your comparison to mine.

Michelle Kwintner said...

Jeremy,

Great slides. I'm looking forward to more.

Aunt Michelle